LaBird – Creative & Mindful Balancing Gift for body & Mind
LaBird is a unique type of personal object designed to inspire a creative & mindful lifestyle.
In the form of a bird, LaBird symbolises freedom, the courage to explore, and the search for true happiness. LaBird is carefully crafted with a faceted form to enable multi-position stacking and balancing, also as artistic mini-sculpture on your desktop.
LaBirds are made of brass metal, and available in anodised Gold, Rose Gold and Silver colours. The faceted edges and anodised colour are designed to wear-off and change with your use, it becomes a witness of your personal creative & mindfulness journey. The LaBird body could function as a compartment to store a discrete gift message of personal inspiration.
It also comes with openings for your choice of attachments, e.g. a key chain, necklace, earring, brooch, decorative charm etc.…
Lastly, LaBird also designed to last the test of time in a contemporary and classic style, so it will not run out of style for years to come.
Creative Stack & Balancing Game
Inspired by the Rock Balancing – an ancient tradition to practice meditation and a form of art. LaBird is engineered to be stackable in various positions, do you know there are more than 100+ ways to balance 3 LaBirds off the ground? With practice and creativity, there are more balancing possibilities yet to unfold!
There are 5 basic positions to place LaBird on a flat surface, and many more possibilities to balance LaBird on each other using various techniques of flat stacking, counterweight, and inter-locking etc.
Have fun experimenting with different ways to balance the LaBirds and challenge yourself to stack the most LaBirds with the most creative ways!
Every Stack is a unique Experience
- Start with 1 of the 5 Basic positions (Head, Feet, Belly, Back, Tail & Feet)
- Each position provides a different set of a foundation for balance another LaBird on top
- Each stack requires a different sense of focus and hand-eye coordination
- Due to the handcrafting process, each LaBird come with some slight difference in weight and wall thickness, thus provide varieties in balancing positions
- The faceted edges will gradually wear-off, plus new dents and scratches created with use, LaBirds will change together with your personal experience.
- There is no right or wrong way to Stack LaBird, you can create your own rules, making it the more personal the better!
Basic Mindful Balancing Tips:
1. Find a surface (flat or rough of your own choice)
2. Choose one of the 5 Base position to start
3. Take the 2nd LaBird in your palm, observe the shapes and feel the distribution of weight
4. Take a few deep breaths to focus your mind, decide a position that you would like to stack
5. Breath slowly and pay attention to the shift of weight and balance, steadily lower LaBird into the target position
6. While landing the LaBird in position, hold your breath briefly to improve focus & steadiness
7. Once locked in place with balance, gently release your fingers from the sides
8. Repeat from step 3 with the next LaBird accordingly
Mindful Practice for Awareness & Let Go
Mindfulness is the ability to calm your wandering mind and to focus on the present moment.
Mindfulness practice comes in different forms, like basic breathing focus, or combine it with yoga exercise, or during daily activities like drinking tea, walking in the park etc. It is about creating moments to practice awareness and control of your thoughts for peacefulness and happiness.
There are many pieces of researches proving the benefit of mindfulness to help reduce stress, improve creativity, enhance productivity, and strengthen self-awareness and personal happiness.
By balancing LaBird, it provides you with an opportunity to slow down, calm your wandering thoughts and be mindful about your own balance, physically as well as mentally.
It is a reminder, an inspiration, an invitation to find balance in life while pursuing your own dreams and happiness.
Be Mindful of Your Senses
Holding the LaBirds in your palm, the angular shapes stimulate your tactile, give a sense of weight. Toss to observe how they tangle and clashes, pay attention to the awakening tinkles.
When you stack, be aware of your breathing, calm your mind and body to be the focus, steady your hands and fingers…
Awaken your sense of balance and calm, you may steadily find physical and emotional balance during the moments.
Learn to Let-Go
Sometimes, the balance attempt might fail, just let them fall… aware of your thoughts, let go and put a smile on your face. It is part of the mindfulness practice to calm your mind to let go in moments of stress 🙂
Facing the moments of failure could be difficult for some people, and it creates anxieties and stress. With LaBirds, we practice the awareness of our emotion and learn to observe them with objectivity, and learn the art of Let Go.
With practice, you will creatively balancing LaBirds with a peaceful mind, and calmly accept the fail attempts; taking a deep breath, try again with a smile on your face.
To strengthen your mind control, you can face other stressful situations with calm and clear awareness.